1. Parties Dwell Well Properties, LLC, with an office at 9 Rolling Green Drive, Wilton, New York 12831 (the "Landlord"), and *, residing at _______________, Apartment __, Glens Falls, New York 12801 (the "Tenant").
2. Unit The Landlord agrees to rent Tenant the residential unit located at __ Rogers Street, Apartment __, Glens Falls, New York 12801 (the "Unit"). By signing below Tenant acknowledges inspection of the Unit and accepts it “as is” in its present good habitable condition. Tenant is also granted access to: __ parking spaces located ____________________ and assigned storage unit.
3. Term The term of this Lease shall be for one year starting on the ___ day of _____________, 20___ and ending on the ___ day of ____________, 20___. Tenant must give Landlord thirty (30) days’ written notice prior to the end of the Term if Tenant would like to renew the Lease. No other persons besides Tenant shall occupy the Unit without the advance written consent of the Landlord. Tenant may not sublet or assign their interest in this Lease.
4. Rent and late charges Tenant agrees to pay rent of ________________ ($____.00) per month in advance on the 1st day of each month. If any rent payment is more than five days late, Tenant must pay a late charge of 5% of the overdue rent. Tenant will be charged a $25.00 fee for all returned checks. After the receipt of one returned check, Landlord may require that rent be paid by cash or certified check or money order. Any penalties, charges or fees incurred by Tenant may constitute and be collectible as additional rent.
5. Security deposit Tenant shall pay the sum of ________________-Dollars ($____.00) as a security deposit. Landlord agrees to refund the security deposit to Tenant within fourteen (14) days after Tenant surrenders the Unit, or the balance of such deposit after deductions are made for itemized repairs. Tenant agrees to be held liable for any damages to the Unit above and beyond the amount of the security deposit result from negligence, neglect, or the violation of other terms and condition stated in this Lease. The Tenant is responsible for damage to the Unit as a result of lack of routine housekeeping of the Unit. The Security Deposit may not be used as last month’s rent.
6. Utility expenses During the Term of the Lease, Tenant shall pay any charges, if applicable, for phone, cable, internet and any other services contracted by the Tenant. Tenant is also responsible for: ☐ Water charges ☐ Electricity ☐ Heat ☐Gas/Oil
7. Improvements and Alternations Tenant cannot make any improvements or alterations to the Unit without the Landlord's prior written consent. Under no circumstances may Tenant change or add locks to the Unit without Landlord’s prior written consent. Tenant shall maintain the Unit in a clean and sanitary condition and take good care of the Unit and all equipment and fixtures. Landlord must be notified in writing immediately of any damage, dangerous conditions or any necessary repairs of the Unit and Tenant shall guard against loss to himself and others until Landlord shall have opportunity to inspect and rectify such issue. Tenant is responsible and liable for all repairs, replacements and damages resulting from acts or neglect of Tenant, or Tenant’s occupants, invitees or guests. If Tenant fails to make such repairs, the Landlord may, but is not required to, make such repairs on the Tenant's account, and such expense may be collectible as additional rent.
8. Insurance Prior to entering the Unit, Tenant must provide Landlord with a certificate of insurance or copy of the Declarations page showing that the Tenant has an active renter’s insurance policy with liability limits no less than $300,000.
9. Right to Enter Unit The Landlord, or its agents, shall have the right at any reasonable hour to enter and inspect the Unit to make repairs or alterations or to show it to prospective purchasers during the entire term of this Lease.
10. Default If Tenant defaults in the payment of rent or any other term or condition of this Lease, Landlord may elect to terminate the Lease, re-enter the Unit and remove the Tenant and all other occupants and their possessions. Tenant’s violation of any term of this Lease shall be considered a material default by Tenant. In the event any action is instituted at law to enforce any covenant contained in this Lease, Tenant shall pay such costs and reasonable attorney’s fees as may be determined by the court.
11. Landlord Indemnification Landlord shall not be liable for any damage or injury to Tenant, or any other person, or to any property, occurring on the Unit or any part thereof including parking and storage areas, and Tenant agrees to hold Landlord harmless from any claim for damages, no matter how caused.
12. Destruction of Unit In the event of a partial or complete destruction or condemnation of the Unit, this Lease may be terminated at the option of either party. Any condemnation awards shall be the property of the Landlord.
13. Rules and Regulations The Tenant covenants and agrees to the following:
14. Animals Tenant shall be permitted to keep only the following pet(s) at the Unit: ______________________________________. In consideration of Landlord permitting Tenant to keep a pet, Tenant shall provide an Additional Security Deposit of $______.